Lion's Mane Caramel Corn
- ¼ cup un-popped popcorn kernels (you want 4 cups of popped popcorn)
- 3 tbs oil
- 3 cups of dried Lion's mane mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Step 2: Method
- 1. Pop the popcorn, over a stovetop or in the microwave whatever your preference is. Sift any un-popped kernels out of the popcorn.
- 2. Break up the dried lions mane into “popcorn sized” pieces. Mix together the popcorn and lions mane on a greased baking tray, or a sheet of parchment paper.
- 3. In a large saucepan heat the brown sugar, salt and vanilla over medium heat until the mixture starts to boil. Immediately pour the hot sugar over the popcorn, mushroom mixture and mix everything together with a spatula to coat completely with the caramel. You will need to work quickly as the caramel will harden quickly. Be very careful as the caramel will be very hot and could easily burn you!
- 4. Allow the caramel corn the cool completely, break it apart gently. Store it in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days and enjoy it with a movie!
Don't have Lion's Mane? Grow your own!
Quick Tip: How to dry mushrooms
Preheat oven to 175 degrees or lowest setting. Arrange mushroom pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake 1 hour. Flip, then continue baking for another hour or until completely dry and crisp. Store in an airtight container for up to three months. They do not require regrigeration.